Sunday 20 September 2009

New House, No Net

Apologies for the long time with no update. I've just moved house - again - and haven't had any internet. This has been quite a problem for the others I've just moved in with, but it's been a nightmare for me - I can't phone people, I do all my nagging housing agents, appointment-making and catching up with friends by email or MSN. It's made me realise just how dependent I am on the World Wide Web, to the extent that I dashed out on Thursday after class to get another mobile broadband dongle. I've now retrieved my old one from home, so one of the girls I'm living with has borrowed the newer one - it's helping, but I can't wait to get full-speed WIFI back up and running. This thing is unbearably slow, just uploading seven pictures I took of the house took me two hours.

The house I've moved into is structurally lovely, and it feels like home, but the previous tenants hadn't cleaned it, and it's filthy. A little better now that we've been in for almost a week, but still pretty disgusting - the agents haven't even come to take away the mouldy junk that the previous tenants left in the cupboards, and they've been promising to do it for days. I've given up expecting, and started to clean the place myself.

I've also come down with a cold in the last couple of days. My right ear is really sore, too sore for a hearing aid, which is going to make groupwork tricky tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it much, but I've just printed off all the prereading, and I'm hoping I can stay more-or-less afloat. I've got my first psychiatric placement on Tuesday, though, and I think that could be a little more problematic. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Will update again soon, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment